ELIXIR PT Computing Services
The BioData.pt computing infrastructure is provided by Portuguese academic institutions, with complementary services hosted at the Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
It is managed by INESC-ID and includes:
- Creation of virtual machines in OpenStack-based Cloud Services
- Deployment of instances running our VM images. Our service is free of charge for academic Portuguese research projects.
- Deployment and management of instances at Google Cloud, or any other OpenStack platform, running biocomputing software for a fee.
The computing infrastructure is provided at the following institutions:
- INCD (Infraestrutura Nacional de Computação Distribuída). The INCD is running a pilot phase and is available to researchers for testing.
- Instituto Superior Técnico
BioData.pt offers the option to set up a virtual machine with preconfigured bioinformatics software. The following virtual machine images are available:
|GVL||Genomics Virtual Lab image fitted with its base flavour.|
|Docker Galaxy||The Galaxy Docker Image is an easy distributable full-fledged Galaxy installation, that can be used for testing, teaching and presenting new tools and features.|
|IGC's Galaxy||A snapshot of IGC's Galaxy installation.|
Request a Virtual Machine
To request a virtual machine to host a service, please fill in the following form:
Any publications derived from the usage of virtual machines provided by BioData.pt should be accompanied by the appropriate acknowledgements to both BioData.pt and INCD.
- INCD acknowledgement : "This work was produced with the support of INCD funded by FCT and FEDER under the project 22153-01/SAICT/2016"
- BioData.pt acknowledgment: "This work was produced with the support of BioData.pt – Infraestrutura Portuguesa de Dados Biológicos refª 22231/01/SAICT/2016, funded by Portugal 2020. "