The BioData.pt computing infrastructure is provided by Portuguese academic institutions, with complementary services hosted at the Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
It is managed by INESC-ID and includes:
- Creation of virtual machines in OpenStack-based Cloud Services
- Deployment of instances running our VM images. Our service is free of charge for academic Portuguese research projects.
- Deployment and management of instances at Google Cloud, or any other OpenStack platform, running biocomputing software for a fee.
The computing infrastructure is provided at the following institutions:
- INCD (Infraestrutura Nacional de Computação Distribuída). The INCD is running a pilot phase and is available to researchers for testing.
- Instituto Superior Técnico
BioData.pt offers the option to set up a virtual machine with preconfigured bioinformatics software. The following virtual machine images are available:
|GVL||Genomics Virtual Lab image fitted with its base flavour.|
|Docker Galaxy||The Galaxy Docker Image is an easy distributable full-fledged Galaxy installation, that can be used for testing, teaching and presenting new tools and features.|
|IGC's Galaxy||A snapshot of IGC's Galaxy installation.|
Request a Virtual Machine
To request a virtual machine to host a service, please fill in the following form:
Any publications derived from the usage of virtual machines provided by BioData.pt should be accompanied by the appropriate acknowledgements to both BioData.pt and INCD.
- INCD acknowledgement : "This work was produced with the support of INCD funded by FCT and FEDER under the project 22153-01/SAICT/2016"
- BioData.pt acknowledgment: "This work was produced with the support of BioData.pt – Infraestrutura Portuguesa de Dados Biológicos refª 22231/01/SAICT/2016, funded by Portugal 2020. "