Data and Interoperability Platform
Description and Goals:
The goal of the Data and Interoperability Platform of BioData.pt (B-DIG) is to drive the use, re-use and value of life science data in Portugal. It aims to do this by providing users with robust, long-term sustainable data resources and encouraging the life science community to adopt data management best practices, such as standardised file formats, metadata, vocabularies and identifiers.
As a member of this Platform you will:
- Integrate a network of experts dedicated to producing, sharing and analysing high quality life science data.
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices in data management.
- Gain privileged access to the BioData.pt platform to disseminate your tools and datasets to the wider community.
- Promote Open Science and FAIR Data principles.
How it works:
- The main communication channel of the members of this Platform is a dedicated Slack channel inside BioData.pt workspace: biodatapt.slack.com/datainteroperability.
- The group has quarterly online meetings, which will begin in September 2022.
Facilitators: Cátia Pesquita (FCUL) and Daniel Faria (FCUL).
Contact: via Slack channel (please contact email@example.com in case you have not yet joined Slack, https://slack.com/).