BioData.pt is actively engaged in developing, implementing and/or promoting the following standards for computing and data interoperability:
- Data Management Plans
- DMP Common Standard - a standard for data management plans developed by the Research Data Alliance for which BioData.pt developed an ontology version, promoted by BioData.pt in its data management dissemination activities
- Plant Sciences
- MIAPPE (Minimum Information About a Plant Phenotyping Experiment) - a metadata standard that is key for enabling FAIR data in the plant phenotyping experiment domain, co-developed and adopted by BioData.pt's Woody Plants community
- BrAPI (Plant Breeding API) - a RESTful APIfor automated access to plant breeding and phenotyping data, implemented by BioData.pt in Pheno
MIAPPE (Minimum Information About a Plant Phenotyping Experiment) is a metadata standard detailing which metadata must/may be provided and how they should be filled when describing plant phenotyping experiments, in order to enable the interpretation and reuse of the data.
BioData.pt was a major contributor to the development of MIAPPE version 1.1, and particularly to the specification of its data model and ontology encoding.
It also contributed to the development of the following training materials:
- MIAPPE spreadsheet template for hands-on training
- MIAPPE tutorial, delivered at the PhenoHarmonIS Workshop 2018
The materials used for the workshop "Plant Phenotyping-Genotyping Data Management" can be found here.